Clinical studies often use Electronic Data Capture to deal with key-entered data. The researchers consider EDC as the cornerstone for research. If you are looking forward to developing complex and crucial drugs, choosing the right Electronic Data Capture software is extremely crucial. For more information, all you need to do is take a quick look at this blog. In no time, you will be able to uncover some valuable tips. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
You Need to Learn About the Vendor Background
You can grab EDC solutions from various vendors. However, choosing the best one among the lot is your core responsibility. By considering these aspects, you will be able to reach a perfect conclusion seamlessly:
- Learn about the background of the vendor
- Gain knowledge of whether they are quite experienced in different therapeutic areas and study types
- Learn the numbers of customers they deal with
- Get feedback from their clients and customers
- Learn about their experience in software development
- Gain knowledge about their financial stability
- Ask them about their product support
- Learn about their past performance
By gathering these insights, you will be able to make a proper decision without leaving any room for mistakes.
You Must Gain Insights About the Cost
The cost of an Electronic Data Capture software system is determined by its functionalities and technicalities. You can either pay thousands of dollars or get free services from vendors. Some of the other factors that tend to determine the costs of EDC are:
- Number of licenses
- Type of agreement
- Various services that are offered by the vendors
- System response time
The pricing types of these studies include yearly, monthly, or per-study basis.
Gain Knowledge About the Functionalities
The functionalities of the EDC system matter a lot in your selection process. Check out some of the pointers mentioned below; it will enable you to uncover the wide range of aspects quite immediately:
- Hybrid data entry model support
- ePRO or eCOA integration
- Data identification, discrepancies, and resolution
- Laboratory data integration
- CDMA or Clinical Data Management System integration
- IVRS/IWRS (IRT System) integrations
- Data exchange between Electronic Health Records
- Safety data management
- CTMS integration
- Medical coding
Before making a sound investment, make sure to cross-check these features in your EDC system.
Take Timelines Into Consideration
Timeliness affects the selection procedure of EDC to a whole new level. You must learn about the overall installation time accompanied by the EDC system’s validation. Some of the other time considerations include the following things:
- The overall time that is required to construct a study-specific application
- Training duration
- The extent of changes to SOPs and organizational processes
What are you waiting for? Start with your selection process now.
Learn About Their Process of Compatibility
Checking the various compatibility factors is extremely important. If your system design doesn’t align with the current SOPs, it can pave the way toward facing certain problems. There should be no room for issues since they can bring a change in the entire organizational process or workflow. Home
By following these tips, you will be able to choose the best EDC system among the lot. All you need is a little bit of patience, and that’s it.